Thanks for purchasing the Uni!
If you bought the PCB only version go here for the build guide. Everything below is for those who ordered the fully assembled version.
### Special note for the diy backplate people: The stainless steel screws are much harder than the brass standoffs so you must handle them with care when screwing them in. If the screws go in at a wrong angle, the brass thread can get damaged.
Fully Assembled People
The fully assembled Uni will come ready to use out of the box. Almost.
You just need to have Plover installed on your computer. Make sure to get the latest build.
How to install Plover :
- Click on the latest version of Plover (continuous 4.0.0 or whatever is newest).
- Under Assets install the Windows Installer (or macOS or Linux depending on your operating system).
- Go through the installation setup
- Open Plover.
- Click the Configure gear icon on the top left corner.
- Click on the Machine tab.
- Click on the drop down next to Machine: and select Gemini PR
- Below, click on the button that says Scan.
- Click on the drop down for Port and select the COM number that popped up. If more than one number shows up, use guess and check to find out which one is correct.
- Click OK at the bottom.
- Under Machine, double check that it says Gemini PR and it says connected beneath it. If its not, try clicking the refresh icon.
- Under output, make sure that its Enabled.
- Start stenoing. If you are still having trouble look at the debugging tips.