See the updated guide on setting up the Uni here!
Thanks for purchasing the Uni!
This is the layout:
If you bought the PCB version click here for the build guide. Everything below is for those who ordered the fully assembled version.
Fully Assembled Setup
The fully assembled Uni will come ready to use out of the box. Almost.
You just need to have Plover installed on your computer. Make sure to get the latest build.
How to install Plover :
- Click on the latest version of Plover (continuous 4.0.0 or whatever is newest).
- Under Assets install the Windows Installer (or macOS or Linux depending on your operating system).
- Go through the installation setup
If you already have Plover installed do this:
- Open Plover.
- Click the Configure gear icon on the top left corner.
- Click on the Machine tab.
- Click on the drop down next to Machine: and select Gemini PR
- Below, click on the button that says Scan.
- Click on the drop down for Port and select the COM number that popped up. If more than one number shows up, use guess and check to find out which one is correct.
- Click OK at the bottom.
- Under Machine, double check that it says Gemini PR and it says connected beneath it. If its not, try clicking the refresh icon.
- Under output, make sure that its Enabled.
- Start to steno! You can also join the Plover Discord and get the Uni role to show everyone you have a Uni.
- If you are still having trouble look at the debugging tips.
Check out Resources for places you can learn and practice steno.
Post a Comment